Dropbox Online Backup & Online Sync
What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a free service that lets you share your photos, docs, and videos no matter where you are. Dropbox is a relatively new comer to the backup/sync market but is clearly the best in my opinion.
Sharing your documents requires the following.
- Sign up for a dropbox account.
- Install Dropbox on each computer you want to share files with (E.g. Home, Work, Parents).
- Save files you want to share to the dropbox folder.
Any file you save to your Dropbox folder will automatically save to all your computers, your android phone, iPhone or iPad, and the Dropbox website. And if your computer melts down, you can restore all your files from the Dropbox website with a couple clicks.
- They offer a free version of 2GB and Pro versions for 50 and 100GB for only $9.99 and $19.99 per month.
- Work even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry keep your Dropbox always at hand.
- Edit files in your Dropbox from your phone.
- Dropbox keeps a one-month history of your work.
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted.
- All transmission of file data occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL) and all files stored on Dropbox are encrypted.
- Not even dropbox employees can see your files.
Ive used Dropbox for my business for over 2 years and would recommend it to anyone.